Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

create DVDs with menus in 2018?

Hi all, I need to create playable DVDs with menus.

The DVD creator apps on the App Store look out of date and have been poorly reviewed.

I have found iSkysoft DVD creator to be buggy.

Is Roxio still a viable option in this day and age?

They do not offer a trial version of their Roxio Toast so I am hesitant.

Any thoughts?

Mike

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Aug 12, 2018 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2018 12:22 PM

I still use Roxio Toast, and they have some menu options. But, I still prefer (the best ever) iDVD app (part of the old iLife suite) and I maintain a bootable Mavericks clone on an external (which is the OS all that software runs on reliably) - I use that (plus old iMovie) to create my movie projects. I then burn using Toast. Works great (but you need a 2012 or older Mac to be able to boot into Mavericks and, of course, you need a bootable Mavericks with the apps installed).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2018 12:22 PM in response to mac shy

I still use Roxio Toast, and they have some menu options. But, I still prefer (the best ever) iDVD app (part of the old iLife suite) and I maintain a bootable Mavericks clone on an external (which is the OS all that software runs on reliably) - I use that (plus old iMovie) to create my movie projects. I then burn using Toast. Works great (but you need a 2012 or older Mac to be able to boot into Mavericks and, of course, you need a bootable Mavericks with the apps installed).

create DVDs with menus in 2018?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.