Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PCMIA SCSI2 adapter cards with OS 9.2

Does OS 9.2 have drivers for SCSI2 PCMIA adapter cards? Specifically the IOmega Jaz card or the Adaptec 1480 cards? It's been so long, I have forgotten how OS 9 works. I would be using it in a PowerBook G3 Pismo. Thanks

Posted on Aug 12, 2018 3:31 PM

2 replies

Aug 12, 2018 3:50 PM in response to straycat23

OS 9.2 would require the installation of drivers that came with those devices. There are no drivers included natively in OS 9.2 Visit the websites of the manufacturers and go to their tech support pages to look for copies of the drivers that were included with those devices. Then you can download them and install them on your machine that is running OS 9.2.

Hope this helps.

Aug 13, 2018 2:02 PM in response to Kappy

I went to the Adaptec website to find a driver. On the website, it said OS 9.x supports this card, but offers a driver anyway. I can't seem to connect to the internet through my legacy A1034 router anymore to download the driver in case I need it. I've totally forgotten how to use OS 9. I I guess the best strategy would be to wait until the card arrives and see if it works. Maybe I can transfer the driver from OS v10.4 to OS 9; that is, if I need it.

PCMIA SCSI2 adapter cards with OS 9.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.