Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On mail - what does this mean: Connections to host Automatically added for iOS & OS X Mail on the default ports failed.

I have a new laptop MacBook Pro running high Sierra 10.13.6. When I go to use mail there is a triangle symbol and the message says: Connections to host Automatically added for iOS & OS X Mail on the default ports failed. I don't seem to be having any problems getting or sending my mail but don't have access to the search of all my emails in the search box. How do I correct this issue please?

Posted on Aug 13, 2018 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2018 10:09 AM

Mail>Preferences>Accounts>Server Settings verify automatic or toggle off and toggle back on.

or manually enter the port numbers. ref: Mail server settings for iCloud email clients - Apple Support

User uploaded file

You can rebuild the SpotLight search for mail: How to rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Verify your mail is selected in >System Preferences>Spotlight

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2018 10:09 AM in response to Joanyp

Mail>Preferences>Accounts>Server Settings verify automatic or toggle off and toggle back on.

or manually enter the port numbers. ref: Mail server settings for iCloud email clients - Apple Support

User uploaded file

You can rebuild the SpotLight search for mail: How to rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Verify your mail is selected in >System Preferences>Spotlight

User uploaded file

On mail - what does this mean: Connections to host Automatically added for iOS & OS X Mail on the default ports failed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.