Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud iPhone 6 to 8

I had purchased iCloud storage and I just recently got a new phone that happened to have less storage than my old phone. I decided to only keep around 500 photos instead of keeping all 9000 photos. I thoughts iCloud would still keep all of my photos but now my library on my Mac only shows the pictures that are on my phone and not all the 9000 pictures. Have I lost all my pictures and memories? How can I get them back !!!!!!! please help

iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 13, 2018 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2018 3:38 PM

kkvdt wrote:

I had purchased iCloud storage and I just recently got a new phone that happened to have less storage than my old phone. I decided to only keep around 500 photos instead of keeping all 9000 photos. I thoughts iCloud would still keep all of my photos but now my library on my Mac only shows the pictures that are on my phone and not all the 9000 pictures. Have I lost all my pictures and memories? How can I get them back !!!!!!! please help

You were syncing your photos to icloud not backing them up if you were using this iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2018 3:38 PM in response to kkvdt

kkvdt wrote:

You were syncing your photos to icloud not backing them up if you were using this iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

iCloud iPhone 6 to 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.