Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to clean my phone 7 plus (jet black)?

Hello everyone. I’ve been using a case for User uploaded fileUser uploaded filemy iphone for a long time without taking it off and cleaning it. But today I decided to clean it , but when I removed the case I saw little white points all over my phone and I know they are from the case. I tried to remove them with wet wipes , but I can’t. Have someone had the same problem like me? How to clean it?

Posted on Aug 15, 2018 1:25 PM

1 reply

Aug 16, 2018 11:14 AM in response to stefanifrombulgaria

Hello stefanifrombulgaria,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you want to clean your iPhone. To help with your situation, please follow the steps below and then go to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for more help cleaning your iPhone.

iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus

Clean your iPhone immediately if it comes in contact with anything that might cause stains or other damage—for example, dirt or sand, ink, makeup, soap, detergent, acids or acidic foods, or lotions. Follow these guidelines:

• Unplug all cables and turn off your iPhone.
  • Use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth—for example, a lens cloth.
  • Avoid getting moisture in openings.
  • Don’t use cleaning products or compressed air.

Your iPhone has a fingerprint-resistant oleophobic—oil repellent—coating. On iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus, the coating is on the front and back. This coating wears over time with normal use. Cleaning products and abrasive materials will further diminish the coating and might scratch your iPhone.

Cleaning your iPhone
Apple - Find Locations - Country Selector

Cheers!

How to clean my phone 7 plus (jet black)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.