Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove a Remote Management Software from my iPhone 6 plus?

I bought an iPhone 6 plus from eBay. During the setup process, a page appeared with the title: REMOTE MANAGEMENT" and the following message:

" THYSSENKRUPP ELEVATOR CORPORATION” will automatically configure your iPhone.User uploaded file

What Does Remote Management Do?

Remote Management enables the administrator of " THYSSENKRUPP ELEVATOR CORPORATION” to setup email and network accounts, install and configure apps, and managing this iPhone’ settings. That page has no cancelation options, it appears as part of the normal setup, the only options are to click NEXT or to go Back.

I tried the setup to the end and then tried to delete the installed related security apps. The apps reinstall themselves again.

The seller advised me to wipe the phone, I tried to reset to the factory settings and wipe the phone, again, the same page appeared during the new setup.

Apparently, it cannot be removed that traditional way and something is missing.

How to remove that remote management software?

Thank you!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Aug 17, 2018 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2018 8:17 PM

You can try a DFU restore:

• Note that you must have a computer running Windows 7 or later, or Mac OS 10.9.5 or later
  • Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer if it isn't there already
  • Reboot your computer
  • Disable any antivirus and firewalls
  • Launch iTunes
  • Connect the device cable to a USB port on the computer (not to a USB hub), but DO NOT CONNECT TO THE DEVICE YET
  • Press and hold the HOME and SLEEP buttons at the same time for 8 seconds, until the screen turns black, then release the SLEEP button but continue holding the HOME button. If an Apple logo appears while holding both buttons you held for too long; start over.
  • While still holding the HOME button connect the other end of the cable to the device
  • You should see a message in iTunes saying a phone in Recovery mode has been detected (it may take up to a minute for the message to appear). When you see that message release the HOME button and the device should restore. When asked DO NOT restore a backup; set up as a new phone.

If this does not remove that message return the phone to the seller, who should have checked this before selling it. It means that the phone's ownership is stored in Apple's activation database, and it may be a stolen phone.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2018 8:17 PM in response to iman_montreal

You can try a DFU restore:

• Note that you must have a computer running Windows 7 or later, or Mac OS 10.9.5 or later
  • Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer if it isn't there already
  • Reboot your computer
  • Disable any antivirus and firewalls
  • Launch iTunes
  • Connect the device cable to a USB port on the computer (not to a USB hub), but DO NOT CONNECT TO THE DEVICE YET
  • Press and hold the HOME and SLEEP buttons at the same time for 8 seconds, until the screen turns black, then release the SLEEP button but continue holding the HOME button. If an Apple logo appears while holding both buttons you held for too long; start over.
  • While still holding the HOME button connect the other end of the cable to the device
  • You should see a message in iTunes saying a phone in Recovery mode has been detected (it may take up to a minute for the message to appear). When you see that message release the HOME button and the device should restore. When asked DO NOT restore a backup; set up as a new phone.

If this does not remove that message return the phone to the seller, who should have checked this before selling it. It means that the phone's ownership is stored in Apple's activation database, and it may be a stolen phone.

Aug 21, 2018 8:52 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks a lot Lawrence Finch, and KiltedTim, very appreciated!

I have two updates to share.
1) The seller sent me a free Canada Post exchange label to send it back for a replacement.
2) The ThyssenKrupp replied to me messages and asked for the IMEI to check and see if they can remove the phone from their database or otherwise confirm it still belongs to them.

I hope either the phone exchange or the other option goes smoothly without any other surprises.

Thanks again for your kind help and explanation!

Kind regards

Aug 17, 2018 5:55 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you Lawrence Finch,

I did similar steps to solve a problem with my previous iPhone but I was not lucky. Unfortunately, that process leads me to call apple support to unlock my iPhone, and I had to send a lot of info and a scanned copy of my original buying receipt, then wait until they completed their verification steps. That was Ok anyway because I found the original buying receipt, fortunately.

But In this new case, up to my knowledge, Apple does not recognize the devices bought through eBay because there is no formal receipt, just electronic communications through my eBay account. May they change this policy, I do not really know. If someone from Apple can give me a formal procedure I can follow to solve this specific problem, I will be thankful.

Aug 17, 2018 6:03 PM in response to iman_montreal

This is a different problem from the previous phone. That was to remove Activation Lock. This is because ThyssenKrupp issued the phone to an employee using Apple's Device Enrollment Program, which assures that the phone will always be under device management by them unless ThyssenKrupp removes it from device management. The fact that the phone is owned by the company is recorded in Apple's database, so when you try to activate it that message will be displayed. There is no way around this unless the company removes it from device management. And the fact that you have attempted to activate it is logged by the company's management database, so they know that someone is trying to use it.

As you are sure this is a reputable seller return it to them.

Aug 17, 2018 5:37 PM in response to KiltedTim

Hi KiltedTim,
Thank you for your reply.

Here is the post of the phone I bought
UNLOCKED Apple iPhone 6 Plus 16GB/64GB/128GB with Warranty | eBay

Also, I sent two messages to the corporation through its two Facebook pages I found so far
https://www.facebook.com/thyssenkrupp/
and
https://www.facebook.com/thyssenkruppElevatorAmericas/
I did not get any reply yet.

I am very confused because the seller (toronto.cellular on eBay), who is currently a Top-rated seller and has a good reputation on eBay (99.9% positive feedback), is asking me to just wipe the phone which is not working. I bought other other items from the same seller previously and everything was OK.

What is my best option now?

Aug 17, 2018 5:45 PM in response to iman_montreal

iman_montreal wrote:

What is my best option now?

Your best option is to return it for a refund. If the seller refuses, then file a claim with eBay and get your money back. They misrepresented the state of the phone.

You can not bypass the lock on a device that's in the DEP. The seller's reputation is irrelevant. They sold you a phone that belongs to a corporation. They may not have known it was locked to the DEP when they acquired it, but that doesn't negate the facts.

How to remove a Remote Management Software from my iPhone 6 plus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.