Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t log into my Apple ID. I have the right password because I just reset it but when I try to log in it disappears and then I press sign in again and it does the same thing.

Apple id

Posted on Aug 17, 2018 9:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2018 10:49 PM

If you've changed the account's password you've logged out and are trying to log in by entering both the id and new password : What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support ? If you are, what are you are using, and what happens ?

116 replies

May 25, 2019 12:22 AM in response to ShresthaRyan

Have you tried : If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support ?

Or, and if you were the original purchaser of the phone (i.e. it’s not second-hand), you could try going to an Apple Store (make a Genius Bar appointment if you do) or try contacting iTunes Support online (https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html) and see if they can remove the phone from the account - they are likely to want to see proof of ownership before they might help e.g. original receipt with the serial number on it

Sep 4, 2020 1:28 AM in response to makaylafrombastrop

I have the same issue. So frustrating.

Logged with Apple support Australia today (4th Spet 2020). Case: 101174675468

Replicated on Chrome and Edge browsers using Windows 10 PC.

Replicated on an iPhone with Safari.

Replicated on an iPad with Safari.

Replicated across different WiFi conenctions.

Apple support have validated and my recorded my screens. Issue escalated to next level of support.

Hope we can find an answer soon.

Feb 29, 2020 12:55 PM in response to kdvanwinkle

Hi, so this is totally unscientific, but I was having this same problem on my iMac. iTunes was requiring me to sign in with my Apple ID and Password. I confirmed I was entering the correct combination. The log in box would vanish for a second and then pop right back up. The rest of iTunes was frozen, but I could see from the Account drop down (all greyed out) that I appeared to be logged in. I "fixed" it this way:

1. Force quit the iTunes application. Hit the Apple icon in the top left, select Force Quit, and the select iTunes from the pop up box.
  2. Open iTunes. Got the Sign in pop up box again.
  3. Hit Cancel on the Pop Up Box three times.

That was it, the Sign In pop up box never came back and iTunes seems to be working just fine.

Jan 26, 2019 4:44 PM in response to makaylafrombastrop

When I log in to my IMac a log into Apple and iTunes I have tried using my current password to the point that I have had to reset.....I have reset my password with an acknowledgment from Apple stating “Password has been reset “ 4 times and still keep getting the box asking me to log in which i do using the reset password only to be told wrong password....needless to say i am totally frustrated

Apr 29, 2019 11:17 AM in response to makaylafrombastrop

I am having the same issue, I really can't do phone support and there is no way to get text support. These issues have been around for months with no resolution.

I have not changed the login or password for this account, and get no error messages nor any email, I do not have two factor authentication setup.

The issue happens on apple connect and in itunes.

May 9, 2019 6:23 PM in response to King_Penguin

I have spent 4 days trying to get onto my Apple account using my correct password and Apple ID with no success and have lost all my music purchases over the passed 2 years. No phone number!!!!! To get help but monies still taken out of my bank. I am fed up with this treatment !! and would like to end my account with you and would appreciate a refund for all the music l have lost. One very dissatisfied customer !!! Please confirm by letter or phone.

May 12, 2019 10:47 PM in response to 1-0-6-6-kaz

and would like to end my account with you and would appreciate a refund for all the music l have lost. ... Please confirm by letter or phone.

You don't have any account with me, you know that these are user forum and that I'm just a fellow user. And obviously there are no refunds.

What exactly are you doing (e.g. logging in from scratch ? still logged in and only entering the password ?), what happens when you do it, what have you tried ?

I can’t log into my Apple ID. I have the right password because I just reset it but when I try to log in it disappears and then I press sign in again and it does the same thing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.