Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect 2 vga projectors to 2018 Macbook Pro

I have used a macbook pro mid 2012 retina scan for church display with Propresenter for years. It is connected to 2 VGA projectors using a powered splitter. I just purchased a new 2018 Macbook Pro with the 4 Thunderbolt outputs. Using a USB C to VGA adapter (Belkin) and connecting to the same splitter I get an error message telling me the USB device is drawing too much power. If I connect a single projector to the same Belkin adapter it works fine. I want to slave 2 projectors with the same images. I do not see much out there on this issue but I assume others use multiple projectors from a single source on USB C.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

Posted on Aug 18, 2018 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2018 11:20 AM

to selectively mirror certain displays, use

System preferences > Displays > Arrange

User uploaded file

Each blue box is an Icon, and they can be re-arranged, and the Menubar icon can be as well.

Drag a display Icon you want to be the same as another over the other, and they will merge into a slightly overlapping mirrored set.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2018 11:20 AM in response to bhoytgpt

to selectively mirror certain displays, use

System preferences > Displays > Arrange

User uploaded file

Each blue box is an Icon, and they can be re-arranged, and the Menubar icon can be as well.

Drag a display Icon you want to be the same as another over the other, and they will merge into a slightly overlapping mirrored set.

How to connect 2 vga projectors to 2018 Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.