Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone number format incorrect in Contacts

The telephone numbers, in Contacts, on my iPhone 6, appear in a very strange format. It doesn't seem to be consistent from one contact to the next: some start with 2 digits, others with 3, but after that it groups them in threes.

I was recently in Europe and had change my region to Sweden, but have changed it back to US since I've been home. I've tried the following, and nothing has worked:

-- Changed Settings\General\Language & Region\Region to UK and back to US.

-- Powered off and on.

-- Deleted Swedish from Settings\General\PREFERRED LANGUAGE ORDER.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

iPhone 6, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Aug 18, 2018 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2018 8:25 AM

Hi there, MSDSC!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you’re having issues with your phone contacts showing in an incorrect format and I am happy to help! I suggest going to www.icloud.com and seeing if the contacts are showing correctly there. If they are not, I would recommend checking out this article for If you accidentally deleted your calendars, reminders, bookmarks, or contacts from iCloud and these specific steps here:

Restore your contacts or bookmarks from an earlier version

1. Sign in to iCloud.com.
  2. Click Settings.
  3. Scroll down and under Advanced, click Restore Contacts or Restore Bookmarks.
  4. Click Restore next to the date before you deleted the content.
  5. Click Restore again to confirm. After the restore completes, you'll get a notification on iCloud.com and an email to the address on file with your Apple ID.

If the contacts are showing correctly in iCloud but not on the iPhone, I suggest going to Settings > {Your name} > iCloud. Then turn off Contacts and delete them from the iPhone. Then, Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and go back to turn Contacts back on. Allow time for the contacts to populate and then check to see if they are in the correct format.
Let me know the results and have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2018 8:25 AM in response to MSDSC

Hi there, MSDSC!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you’re having issues with your phone contacts showing in an incorrect format and I am happy to help! I suggest going to www.icloud.com and seeing if the contacts are showing correctly there. If they are not, I would recommend checking out this article for If you accidentally deleted your calendars, reminders, bookmarks, or contacts from iCloud and these specific steps here:

Restore your contacts or bookmarks from an earlier version

1. Sign in to iCloud.com.
  2. Click Settings.
  3. Scroll down and under Advanced, click Restore Contacts or Restore Bookmarks.
  4. Click Restore next to the date before you deleted the content.
  5. Click Restore again to confirm. After the restore completes, you'll get a notification on iCloud.com and an email to the address on file with your Apple ID.

If the contacts are showing correctly in iCloud but not on the iPhone, I suggest going to Settings > {Your name} > iCloud. Then turn off Contacts and delete them from the iPhone. Then, Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and go back to turn Contacts back on. Allow time for the contacts to populate and then check to see if they are in the correct format.
Let me know the results and have a great day!

Phone number format incorrect in Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.