Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hacked/malware But what did they see?

Hello everybody.

i hope you can help me with a problem I had yesterday.

my IPad2, IPad mini2 and IPhone 6s all had cloudfront.net malware on them I believe. I have deleted safari history and all website data but I feel threatened still. Can anybody tell me what exactly they could of gained access to?

thanks in anticipation of your help.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Aug 18, 2018 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2018 3:12 PM

You can find reams of meaningless stuff in the website data list. I wouldn't pay any attention to it.

Cloudfront (after another look) is a sub service of Amazon. I have plenty of cloudfront.net entries in Safari for my Mac, too. Which makes complete sense since I often visit Amazon from my Mac, and use Amazon to stream video purchases.

In other words, these jerks are using a name many people would find on their devices, but not easily associate with Amazon to scare you.

Having the battery drain faster can be caused by a number of things. But being hacked isn't one of them since they can't do that. Not without someone first jailbreaking the device. And that can only be done with physical access to your iPad or iPhone. It literally cannot be done remotely.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2018 3:12 PM in response to Kennymooch

You can find reams of meaningless stuff in the website data list. I wouldn't pay any attention to it.

Cloudfront (after another look) is a sub service of Amazon. I have plenty of cloudfront.net entries in Safari for my Mac, too. Which makes complete sense since I often visit Amazon from my Mac, and use Amazon to stream video purchases.

In other words, these jerks are using a name many people would find on their devices, but not easily associate with Amazon to scare you.

Having the battery drain faster can be caused by a number of things. But being hacked isn't one of them since they can't do that. Not without someone first jailbreaking the device. And that can only be done with physical access to your iPad or iPhone. It literally cannot be done remotely.

Aug 18, 2018 2:19 PM in response to ProustGiulio

i should ad

people on the site told me that every time I opened my iPad they could see me. I had something called Masha also installed on my reading list. I have read up on things today and followed instructions to remove the Malware but I am just curious about what these people had access to, none of my devices are Jailbroken.

thanks for the reply by the way :-)

Aug 18, 2018 2:42 PM in response to Kurt Lang

These are what I saw on my website data.

d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net

d1ulmmr4d4i8j4.cloudfront.net

d2vxvnufz8f5c5.cloudfront.net

d1bqktvj79b0wh.cloudfront.net

I had clicked on links that they had posted for the past few days before my I noticed my IPad mini2 battery was draining faster than usual and was getting slightly hot....I will not be visiting the site again but I just want to be sure as they were hinting at threats aimed at me.

thank you all for your replies so far, I do feel a little better already But it was quite unsettling.

Hacked/malware But what did they see?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.