Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Amazon Rewards Scam

This is about the Amazon Rewards Scam window that popped up on my iPad, Chrome browser. I answered two questions and realized it was a scam before answering the final question. It is now stuck on my browser window and I cannot get rid of it. How to remove it? What are the possible security related consequences of my action?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Aug 18, 2018 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2018 5:30 PM

Since all apps in iOS must be sandboxed, the instructions above will only help Safari.

There are two ways to clear this “stuck” page in Chrome.

1. Open any other tab, however you can do it. Then open the Tab Switcher within Chrome and kill the offending tab.

2. Delete Chrome and reinstall it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2018 5:30 PM in response to RKMY

Since all apps in iOS must be sandboxed, the instructions above will only help Safari.

There are two ways to clear this “stuck” page in Chrome.

1. Open any other tab, however you can do it. Then open the Tab Switcher within Chrome and kill the offending tab.

2. Delete Chrome and reinstall it.

Aug 18, 2018 1:53 PM in response to RKMY

As far as security goes, it depends on what type of questions you answered.

Otherwise, it's just an incredibly obnoxious ad that seems to be everywhere. I'm somewhat surprised the people run operate ad servers continue to allow this thing to be in their rotation. Well, not that hard to understand. They get lots of money to feed it far more often than other ads.

To remove it, you'll have to clear the browser. Tap the home button twice to call up the application switcher. Slide Safari up and off the screen to close it. Open Settings > Safari. Tap Clear History and Website Data. It will be gone until you visit another site throwing out the same ad.

The best current way to avoid this type of junk is to install an ad blocker. There are a handful of good, free ones available in the App Store. I use the free version of AdGuard on all of my Apple devices. In iOS, make sure to turn it on after installing. This step goes for any ad blocker you install. None of them are on without your say so. Once you have an ad blocker installed, go to Settings > Safari > Content Blockers. Turn the app on.

Amazon Rewards Scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.