Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drudge report is gone from the app store and the app is not working now so *** is going on apple?

The app is gone and is not working right now and im womddring *** is going on

Posted on Aug 19, 2018 3:09 PM

115 replies

Apr 25, 2019 6:40 AM in response to JohnHolzinger

JohnHolzinger wrote:

So rather than a bunch of swearing, does anyone have an answer?

Have you read the thread? There have been a number of suggestions. But, as neither Apple nor Drudge are participants in this thread, there can be definitive answers. If you wish to pursue the matter, I suggest you contact Drudge. To date, I haven't heard that they've responded to anyone who has asked this question (which lends support to the theory that it was not Apple who removed the app) but, you might get lucky.

There have also been suggestions for alternatives:

It's easily accessible with Safari. Book mark it and add the bookmark as an icon to your home screen:
Bookmark favorite webpages in Safari on iPhone - Apple Support

And

download “the report” app. It’s a conservative news app which you can read drudge on

Aug 20, 2018 2:05 AM in response to kc1510

How do you know this? Seems to me if Apple had done it then the Drudge people would be complaining - and it's not like they don't have a rather loud megaphone. However, on all of the threads about this question folks have contacted the Drudge people and have had no reply. So, frankly, unless you have some actual evidence that Apple did something, the more likely explanation is that the makers withdrew the app.

Aug 22, 2018 11:25 AM in response to Bcxprint

I see that some of the discussions concerning this issue have been removed. Even when I check my own recent activity I see that those posts have been deleted. If Apple is censoring posts and deleting Drudge I would think it would be a huge thing with Drudge protesting most of all. But Drudge is not. I think this forum is the best place to solve this mystery and I hope someone has a definitive response.

Sep 3, 2018 9:07 PM in response to Bcxprint

I have never received a response from Drudge re why their app is not in the store. Still wondering why.

This might be interesting to some. I have two Drudge Report apps on my iPhone 6. One has a white background with a big "D" on it. When I open it it has "AMAZON.COM" on top. The other app also has a white background and the words "DRUDGE" over the word "REPORT". That does not show amazon and has the various stores in three columns.

Oct 16, 2018 9:42 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Is your point that Apple is not censoring both sites becase they still graciously allow me to navigate to a web page? I think that is a pretty foolish position if it is. I can still get the garbage CNN puts out through their app and MSNBC...the bastion of accurate news that they are...turns out their app is just fine. It seems to be only the conservative news sources that need to be removed.

Oct 16, 2018 9:58 AM in response to Shugenja

Apple is not censoring anything because they are not preventing you from accessing the information you desire. Period. "Freedom of speech" does not mean that a private company is required to provide the Drudge Report, Democracy Now or HuffPo with a platform. All indications are that the respective purveyors (Drudge and Breitbart) pulled their own apps. Apple is not preventing Drudge or Breitbart from decimating information any more than Walmart is censoring Playboy (or similar) by refusing to sell that publication in their stores.

And yes, you can get Breitbart through the Apple News app.

Drudge report is gone from the app store and the app is not working now so *** is going on apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.