Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant download updates due to wrong Apple Id and cant change the Apple Id

I'm trying to download updates, the apple ID it has listed on the app store is not mine and I can't figure out how to remove it to put in mine

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.2

Posted on Aug 19, 2018 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2018 6:55 PM

If it is asking for the passcode to a different Apple account when you try to update, you are going to have to delete the App and re-purchase it (or re-download it if it was free). Purchases are forever tied to the Apple ID that was used to make the purchase.

Best,

GB

7 replies

Sep 16, 2018 10:08 PM in response to CT79

Again, it is asking for a password for the Apple ID that was used to make the original purchase. If you do not know the Apple ID, or you cannot recover the password for it: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support, then you will have to delete the app and re-purchase it (or re-download it if it was free) in order to be able to use it under the Apple ID you have signed in to iTunes.

Best,

GB

Sep 19, 2018 3:19 PM in response to CT79

I have no idea what post you read, but the answer I provided was neither rude nor hard to comprehend.

Whatever your issue is, it does not appear to be remotely related to the topic of this discussion. How about instead of getting defensive, you explain exactly what it you are experiencing. When you say you are "having the same problem", what, exactly, is occurring?

What are you attempting to do? What happens when you try to do that? What have you done to troubleshoot the issue? Can you think of anything that you have recently changed or modified on your device after which this issue occurred?

GB

cant download updates due to wrong Apple Id and cant change the Apple Id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.