Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s battery only lasts 3-4 hours

I have an iPhone 6s and have had the battery replaced twice and the phone still doesn’t last more than 4 hours on a Full charge. On the battery category of the settings page it says that my battery is at normal condition and is running at 100% charge. I looked online however and it says that the IPhone 6s battery should last up to and around 8-10 hours but at my regular work day I will need to fully charge my phone twice and that’s with minimal usage only using it for Spotify Music and on my breaks I watch YouTube. I have seen on some forums that backing up and Restoring the phone might be a solution but I just mainly would like to know if something is wrong with my phone in general. Please let me know if there is anything I can do besides getting a brand new phone. Thankyou.

Posted on Aug 21, 2018 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2018 1:10 PM

Who replaced the battery? If it was done by someone other than Apple, they're probably using substandard parts, especially considering the fact that Apple doesn't sell iPhone parts, including batteries.

8 replies

Aug 21, 2018 1:20 PM in response to KiltedTim

It was a local third party who changed the battery. this third party has usually been a trusted with other people’s phones and i was recommended by a friend to have them change it after Apple told me it would take up to 2 months for them to get battery replacements in. The phone was also doing much worse than this before i had the third party change the battery twice and I’ve only had this phone since Xmas of 2017. I have never rebooted the phone completely and I try and always use powersave mode, i keep the screen brightness below 50, I have never let the phone die completely without either turning it off or being able to charge it with about 5-15% left. I really think it might be something with the actual phone but just not sure what else to do besides get a whole new phone. I was going to try rebooting it first to see if that helped but not sure.

Aug 21, 2018 1:33 PM in response to KiltedTim

Yeah I knew that. I just needed to get the battery changed sooner rather than later because I’m going on a study abroad trip in September. I’ll go back into that place and ask them. I did just buy a pretty good portable charger from Anker which will suffice until I get back and probably will have to get a new phone. Still just annoying though. Thankyou for the help kind stranger!

Aug 21, 2018 5:57 PM in response to Dyenamite

Did you have the battery tested before you changed it for the first time? It's quite possible that there was nothing wrong with the original battery. Assuming it needed replacing, the replacement battery may not have the same capacity as the original Apple battery. It would still show 100% of whatever its capacity was.

But the most likely reason is that there is an app on your phone that is using excessive energy, and the battery is fine. Go to Settings/Battery and you can see which app or apps are using the most energy.

iPhone 6s battery only lasts 3-4 hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.