Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Sign In issues

I am having trouble signing into iCloud on my MAC. I have reset the password twice and restarted the laptop.

Looking for suggestions to help resolve. I'm running OS High Sierra 10.13.6 on MacBook Pro.

Thank you.

MacBook, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Aug 21, 2018 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2018 12:05 AM

See this article iCloud: Trouble signing in to iCloud.com

If you change read and write permissions in home folder , shared , guest folder also in date and time settings , location , the problem will come to sign in with your Apple ID and password see these articles macOS Sierra: Set the date and time on your Mac

Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2018 12:05 AM in response to EKB2525

See this article iCloud: Trouble signing in to iCloud.com

If you change read and write permissions in home folder , shared , guest folder also in date and time settings , location , the problem will come to sign in with your Apple ID and password see these articles macOS Sierra: Set the date and time on your Mac

Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder - Apple Support

Aug 22, 2018 1:18 PM in response to EKB2525

What happens when you try? Error message(s)?

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

Safe Mode - About

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

iCloud Sign In issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.