Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add text to a slide show in photos 3.0 running on my Mac with High Sierra 10.13.3

How to add text to a slide show photo in Photos version 3.0 on Mac running High Sierra 10.13.3

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Aug 23, 2018 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2018 5:43 AM

I have created an album with all the slides I want in it in the order I want, Then I click on slide show at the top of the album. I can click on themes, pick different styles "Ken Burns" etc and even add music.

This is the quick way to create an instant slideshow. But an instant slideshow is very limited. If you want to customize the slideshow with text and transitions, you need a saved slideshow as a slideshow project. Avoid the "slideshow" button in the album view.

Once you have collected the slides in an album, select the album in the sidebar (do not select the slides in the album). Now right-click or ctrl-click the album and use the command "Create > Slideshow" from the contextual menu, that will pop up. User uploaded file

Now open the new slideshow in the projects section of the sidebar. There you will find more tools to customize the slideshow.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2018 5:43 AM in response to Bobplante

I have created an album with all the slides I want in it in the order I want, Then I click on slide show at the top of the album. I can click on themes, pick different styles "Ken Burns" etc and even add music.

This is the quick way to create an instant slideshow. But an instant slideshow is very limited. If you want to customize the slideshow with text and transitions, you need a saved slideshow as a slideshow project. Avoid the "slideshow" button in the album view.

Once you have collected the slides in an album, select the album in the sidebar (do not select the slides in the album). Now right-click or ctrl-click the album and use the command "Create > Slideshow" from the contextual menu, that will pop up. User uploaded file

Now open the new slideshow in the projects section of the sidebar. There you will find more tools to customize the slideshow.

How to add text to a slide show in photos 3.0 running on my Mac with High Sierra 10.13.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.