Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Spinning Wheel at Startup?

I’m setting up my new MacBook Pro. Have been stuck on spinning wheel for over an hour. Any suggestions on how to get past it?

Not sure this has anything to do with it but I bought the computer in the US and I’m now in Ireland.

Thanks!

Posted on Aug 25, 2018 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2018 9:25 AM

You can force Quit the computer by holding the power button/touchID for an extended amount of time.

Boot into Recovery (Command R) and from the dropdown menu: Utilities> Disk Utility> run the First Aid on your Macintosh HD. If errors are found and repaired, run again until no errors reported.

Recovery http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

Reboot as normal and test.

Verify from >System Preferences>Disk Startup> re-select your Macintosh HD

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2018 9:25 AM in response to engagnon

You can force Quit the computer by holding the power button/touchID for an extended amount of time.

Boot into Recovery (Command R) and from the dropdown menu: Utilities> Disk Utility> run the First Aid on your Macintosh HD. If errors are found and repaired, run again until no errors reported.

Recovery http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

Reboot as normal and test.

Verify from >System Preferences>Disk Startup> re-select your Macintosh HD

Aug 25, 2018 9:23 AM in response to engagnon

I suggest you use the program created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. It will provide a snapshot of your system which we can analyze to possibly determine the cause of your problem. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

MacBook Pro Spinning Wheel at Startup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.