Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spinning color wheel after startup MacBook Pro (Late 2013)

Trying to find out what happened to my wife's MacBook Pro. She hardly ever uses it and it seems to be stuck.

When it boots up, it will get to the desktop and the mouse will turn into a spinning wheel for a while and one of a few things will happen:

1. The screen will turn black and the mouse will appear against the black background with no icons.
  2. The wheel will turn back into the mouse pointer and the top bar will disappear and the dot under the Finder app will blink
  3. Computer screen will go to a series of Chinese letters with the power icon behind it and reboot.

I feel bad cause this is the second MacBook Pro we have owned and both have faulted her and she maybe uses it once a month or every other month to do online shopping. I will occasionally charge it and make sure it's up to date.

macOS Catalina Version 10.15

Mackbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

Processor 2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 2:50 PM

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly, or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

3 replies

Spinning color wheel after startup MacBook Pro (Late 2013)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.