Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t see icon find my friends app

hi,

I have an issue regarding my find my friends app.... the icon for the app is missing and when i search in my app store it shows as open the app....how do i find the icon for my app please help.....

Posted on Aug 26, 2018 5:43 AM

8 replies

Aug 30, 2018 6:06 AM in response to Claretkhor

Hi Claretkhor,

Thank you for the additional information about your Find My Friends app. It sounds like you're able to open the app using the "Open" button in the App Store, but you're not able to locate it on your Home screens.

Were you able to locate the Find My Friends app using the steps to search?

From your post, it sounds like the app may be located in a folder. If so, when you search, you should be able to determine which folder it's in. From there, you can then move it to your Home screen using the steps in the article titled How to move apps and create folders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have a great day.

Aug 30, 2018 2:31 PM in response to Claretkhor

Thank you Claretkhor,

We appreciate the follow-up.

The next step will be to double-check your device storage reporting:

Use your iOS device to check its storage

Go to Settings > General > [Device] Storage. You might see a list of recommendations for optimizing your device's storage, followed by a list of installed apps and the amount of storage each one uses. Tap an app's name for more information about its storage. Cached data and temporary data might not be counted as usage.

User uploaded file

Once you navigate to the screen above, look for the Find My Friends app. If you find it, tap it and then tap "Delete App." Then, open your App Store and you should be able to reinstall the app.

I hope this helps clear things up so you can use Find My Friends.

Kindest regards.

Aug 27, 2018 3:17 PM in response to Claretkhor

Hi Claretkhor,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I see that you're unable to locate the icon for your Find My Friends app.

Checking in the App Store was a great idea. If you see "Open" there, that suggests the app is indeed installed on your iPhone. You can try tapping "Open" there to see if it will then come up, or you can also do a search on your device. If the app is in a folder, this will help you find it:

Swipe to search

Trying to find a contact, email, or nearby restaurant? Quickly find what you’re looking for from the Home screen on your device.

1. Swipe down from the middle of the Home screen.
  2. Tap the Search field, then enter what you're looking for. As you type, Search updates results in real time.
  3. To see more results, tap Show More or search directly in an app by tapping Search in App.
  4. Tap a search result to open it.

I hope this helps to find the icon for your app.

Take care.

Can’t see icon find my friends app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.