Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

127.0.0.1 refused to connect

Earlier today I was able to access and use SecurStick at 127.0.0.1:2000/login, but a bit later I no longer could. Now I get the screen reporting:

This site can’t be reached

127.0.0.1 refused to connect.

When I ping 127.0.0.1 I get:

Last login: Sun Aug 26 11:54:01 on console

MyMacBook-Air:~ tom$ ping localhost

PING localhost (127.0.0.1): 56 data bytes

Request timeout for icmp_seq 0

Request timeout for icmp_seq 1

Request timeout for icmp_seq 2

Request timeout for icmp_seq 3

I rebooted which didn't resolve the problem.

I checked /etc/hosts and it was intact, i.e.,

##

# Host Database

#

# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface

# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.

##

127.0.0.1 localhost

255.255.255.255 broadcasthost

::1 localhost

So, what happened, and how can this be fixed?

MacBook, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), NETGEAR X8 Router

Posted on Aug 26, 2018 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2018 8:30 PM

Hey PETStech!

Sounds like the server is down and it's nothing wrong with your computer. If you know the owner, contact them and make sure the server is up. If it is up, then somethings may need to be tweaked with the settings on your computer, or your network could be down. Check your router that it is still working with WiFi/Ethernet because if it is down you will not be able to connect to the server.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2018 8:30 PM in response to PETStech

Hey PETStech!

Sounds like the server is down and it's nothing wrong with your computer. If you know the owner, contact them and make sure the server is up. If it is up, then somethings may need to be tweaked with the settings on your computer, or your network could be down. Check your router that it is still working with WiFi/Ethernet because if it is down you will not be able to connect to the server.

127.0.0.1 refused to connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.