Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using a compound clip as a sports score? How?

So I created a compound clip as a lower third super to show the score of a sports program. Of course the score changes but since it is a compound clip, if I change the score, all of the previous compound clips change too. How can I only change the score without everything earlier in the timeline changing?

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS Sierra (10.12.2), 32 gig RAM

Posted on Aug 27, 2018 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2018 7:39 AM

Option-drag or copy and paste to add another one, and then, *before* you make changes, select the new copy and do Clip->Reference New Parent Clip.

The downside of this is that you will end up with a lot of compound clips in your browser, one for each instance.

A better, more comprehensive solution is to use a Generator. If you have Motion, you can compose it in Motion, and Publish the desired parameters, like the text for the scores, the teams, even the images of team logos.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2018 7:39 AM in response to Thomas Whaley

Option-drag or copy and paste to add another one, and then, *before* you make changes, select the new copy and do Clip->Reference New Parent Clip.

The downside of this is that you will end up with a lot of compound clips in your browser, one for each instance.

A better, more comprehensive solution is to use a Generator. If you have Motion, you can compose it in Motion, and Publish the desired parameters, like the text for the scores, the teams, even the images of team logos.

Using a compound clip as a sports score? How?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.