Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does the quality of my video change from iMovie when uploaded to Youtube?

I have a youtube channel and every time I edit my videos on iMovie, I then uplaod them onto Youtube from iMovie. Whenever I do this the quality on iMovie is perfect, but once uploaded to Youtube the quality changes. Not sure if this is a question for this or Youtube, but does it have anything to do with how I am uploading the video from iMovie or uploading footage to my macbook, because I always use airdrop bc it is the most efficient.

Posted on Aug 27, 2018 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2018 7:33 PM

There sometimes can be issues with direct uploading. Try sharing to your desktop and then dragging the movie into You Tube's upload window. That's the most reliable way of doing it. It's probably You Tube's issue unless your movie somehow doesn't comply with You Tube's requirements.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2018 7:33 PM in response to brogs224

There sometimes can be issues with direct uploading. Try sharing to your desktop and then dragging the movie into You Tube's upload window. That's the most reliable way of doing it. It's probably You Tube's issue unless your movie somehow doesn't comply with You Tube's requirements.

-- Rich

Why does the quality of my video change from iMovie when uploaded to Youtube?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.