Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I upload media from my Mac to imovie the video glitches

I take videos from my phone and airdrop them to my computer, when they are airdroped they are in good shape and i usually keep them short. However when i upload them to iMovie to edit, the video has glitches through the whole video.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 18, 2019 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2019 9:17 AM

Try restarting your computer and opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if the glitches are gone when you import videos. Test this by creating a new project just in case the issue was confined to just one project.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2019 9:17 AM in response to lozanojen

Try restarting your computer and opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if the glitches are gone when you import videos. Test this by creating a new project just in case the issue was confined to just one project.

-- Rich

when I upload media from my Mac to imovie the video glitches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.