Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone timelapse wont import into mac imovie

Making an imovie at the moment on my macbook. I'm able to import pics and video no problem. When I click and drag a timelapse from photos (mac) into imovie it rejects it. I have had this issue long ago and I think I solved it but can't remember how to now. If I drag and drop several timelapse's from y photos app on my mac to the imovie project, it will show the first frame of the file and will have ken burns enabled.

Also, in the 'My media' section on the MacOS imovie, it shows random photos from over a year ago in my camera roll, and only a few of my most recent ones.

incidentally, if I import a timelapse from my iphone into imovie app on my iphone it works!

Just can't import from a file/photos on mac in imovie on mac.

Help needed ! Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 9:14 PM

Import the time lapse video into your iPhone iMovie, where it works. Then use AirDrop to transfer the iMovie project (the project, not the video) onto your Mac. It will download into your Downloads folder. Then double click on it in the Downloads folder and it will open as an iMovie for Mac project. See if the time lapse works in the Mac project. It should.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2021 9:14 PM in response to brett70a

Import the time lapse video into your iPhone iMovie, where it works. Then use AirDrop to transfer the iMovie project (the project, not the video) onto your Mac. It will download into your Downloads folder. Then double click on it in the Downloads folder and it will open as an iMovie for Mac project. See if the time lapse works in the Mac project. It should.

-- Rich

Mar 28, 2021 9:16 AM in response to brett70a

I don't know the answer to that. I'm not an iCloud Photo user so unable to test for myself. It may well be that time lapse can be imported from iCloud Photo, but I just haven't seen anything on that. There are functions that work on iOS iMovie that don't work on Mac iMovie, like for example iOS iMovie supports HDR format vids but Mac iMovie displays them overexposed. With the HDR issue the workaround was to AirDrop the project from iOS iMovie to a Mac iMovie project. That solved it, or at least it was a workaround. So I thought we could try doing the same thing with time lapse. Did it work?

-- Rich

iphone timelapse wont import into mac imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.