Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing media to iMovie from Photos

I’m struggling to import media to a new project in iMovie.  In iMovie I have selected the Photos Library and chosen Places from the pop up menu. I’ve navigated on the map to the place where all relevant videos and photos were taken on my iPhone. The map showing this place is in the iMovie window at top left, and alongside it at top right  a still from a video clip is displayed. The panel above the still tells me that there are 5 photos and 40 video clips available.

My questions:

• How can I best bring all of these media into iMovie?

The help pages tell me to drag into timeline or library, but how? The displayed still image blacks out if I try to drag and drop it in the bottom section of the iMovie window and nothing else appears to change.

• Does  iMovie use a physical copy of the original media?  (I don’t want to waste space duplicating a probably  unwanted original clip but would be lazily happy to have iMovie simply reference it.)  

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 4:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 6:29 PM

Hi,

You cannot import videos/photos from the Photos/Places display. Note the years and dates at the top of the preview screen and then import your media from the Photos/Years display, or Photos/Years/All Years.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply

importing media to iMovie from Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.