Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently switched Apple IDs but when i use the App Store it still asks for the password for my old ID. How do i fix this?

Apple ID issue

Posted on Aug 28, 2018 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2018 7:59 AM

A request for an old Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the old ID. Those purchases are tied to the old ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the old ID and download them using the new ID if desired. Or you can try to set up Family Sharing to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing

Family Sharing -What types of content can I share?

Family Sharing - If you don‘t see your family‘s shared content

Family Sharing - purchases and payments

Family Sharing - Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2018 7:59 AM in response to ChadFisch

A request for an old Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the old ID. Those purchases are tied to the old ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the old ID and download them using the new ID if desired. Or you can try to set up Family Sharing to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing

Family Sharing -What types of content can I share?

Family Sharing - If you don‘t see your family‘s shared content

Family Sharing - purchases and payments

Family Sharing - Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books

I recently switched Apple IDs but when i use the App Store it still asks for the password for my old ID. How do i fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.