Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone Scam - AppleCare

Getting call on my landline which caller ID identifies as AppleCare 800-275-2273. I do not answer and let it go to VM. The message tells that my account has been compromised, to not make any financial transactions and to call (A DIFFERENT NUMBER) 855-*** ****. I believe this to be a scam. Just putting it out there in case anyone else gets the same message.

[Edited by Host]

AppleID

Posted on Aug 30, 2018 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply
6 replies

Sep 13, 2018 1:26 PM in response to quickburst

I, also, received a call from a legitimate Apple number. They said my iCloud account had been hacked. Called me multiple times. Fell for it until they wanted me to go to the store and purchase a google card and hand over the number on the back. At this point I said no and they got a little angry and hacked my Mac compute. Contacted legitimate Apple folks and resolved the problem. Once again this call came from the Apple number 1-800-275-2273, (this is a real Apple number, I checked) I was given another contact number **** To call them back on. BEWARE!!!

[Edited by Host]

Phone Scam - AppleCare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.