Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import iPhone x photos to App photos does not work on iMac

Hi there,

I have a new iPhone X but the import to photos is not working !

The OS on the iMac ist High Sierra 10.13.6 and the newest IOS 11 on the iPhone.

The photo library is on a DROBO - could that be the problem ???

any ideas ???

Best Dirk

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.5)

Posted on Aug 30, 2018 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2018 12:05 AM

Hi ​Dirk Michael,

Congratulations on your new iPhone X! I understand you're having trouble importing photos from your iPhone to Photos on your Mac. I know keeping your photos organized is important; I'd like to help. I'd recommend that you start by reviewing the information here to be sure that you're using the correct steps to import your photos: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

It's possible that you have iCloud Photo Library enabled on your iPhone which will prevent photos from importing when your iPhone is connected to your Mac; you can check for this in Settings > Photos. If you'd like, you can use these steps to enable iCloud Photo Library on your Mac:

On your Mac with OS X 10.10.3 or later, go to System Preferences > iCloud. Click Options next to Photos, then select iCloud Photo Library.

iCloud Photo Library

If iCloud Photo Library isn't enabled on your iPhone and you continue to have trouble, check out these suggestions: ​If you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer: ​ If you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer

If this drive is accessed through a network rather than directly connected to your computer, functionality may be limited as NAS drives are currently not fully supported in regard to library storage.

Best Regards.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2018 12:05 AM in response to Dirk Michael

Hi ​Dirk Michael,

Congratulations on your new iPhone X! I understand you're having trouble importing photos from your iPhone to Photos on your Mac. I know keeping your photos organized is important; I'd like to help. I'd recommend that you start by reviewing the information here to be sure that you're using the correct steps to import your photos: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

It's possible that you have iCloud Photo Library enabled on your iPhone which will prevent photos from importing when your iPhone is connected to your Mac; you can check for this in Settings > Photos. If you'd like, you can use these steps to enable iCloud Photo Library on your Mac:

On your Mac with OS X 10.10.3 or later, go to System Preferences > iCloud. Click Options next to Photos, then select iCloud Photo Library.

iCloud Photo Library

If iCloud Photo Library isn't enabled on your iPhone and you continue to have trouble, check out these suggestions: ​If you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer: ​ If you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer

If this drive is accessed through a network rather than directly connected to your computer, functionality may be limited as NAS drives are currently not fully supported in regard to library storage.

Best Regards.

Import iPhone x photos to App photos does not work on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.