Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2018 Random Restart Issue

I bought a new MacBook Pro 2018 couple of days back and have faced random restart issue of MacBook Pro 2018.

First random restart was just a day after I bought this new laptop. I put my MacBook on sleep and just after 5 minutes, when I turned it on, it restarted instead of just waking up. Then the message "Your MacBook restarted because of a problem" appeared.

At first I ignored it but then today, I faced this random restart issue twice.

I was watching a movie on VLC player in full screen mode. I also had a hand-free connected. When I double clicked the screen to exit the full screen mode of VLC player, MacBook restarted.

Searched the internet and came to know that I am not the only one facing the issue. Just to reproduce the problem again, I again connected the hand-free, played the movie in full screen mode of VLC player and then when exited the full screen mode by double clicking the screen, MacBook restarted once again.

Just want to know if this issue could be because of hand-free and if not, what else could be causing this issue and if anyone has a solution to fix this problem.

Also should I wait for apple to fix this issue via update or should I replace my MacBook with a new one?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), null

Posted on Aug 31, 2018 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2018 12:24 PM

Hi,

Then the message "Your MacBook restarted because of a problem" appeared.

"I also had a hand-free connected."

That’s called a kernel panic. It means the software and / or hardware (most likely the hands held) is not macOS compatible.

BTW, if you download software from anywhere but the Mac App Store, your Mac could be subject to malware. Make sure Gatekeeperis enabled on your Mac.

"Also should I wait for apple to fix this issue via update or should I replace my MacBook with a new one?"

Apple is not responsible for third party software / hardware incompatibility. Replacing your Mac won’t make any difference.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2018 12:24 PM in response to yousaf184

Hi,

Then the message "Your MacBook restarted because of a problem" appeared.

"I also had a hand-free connected."

That’s called a kernel panic. It means the software and / or hardware (most likely the hands held) is not macOS compatible.

BTW, if you download software from anywhere but the Mac App Store, your Mac could be subject to malware. Make sure Gatekeeperis enabled on your Mac.

"Also should I wait for apple to fix this issue via update or should I replace my MacBook with a new one?"

Apple is not responsible for third party software / hardware incompatibility. Replacing your Mac won’t make any difference.

Macbook Pro 2018 Random Restart Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.