Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing - Ask to Buy is not an option

I am the family organizer, and added my son (10) to family sharing. When I click on his name it gives me no option to turn on ask to buy. We are both on 11.4.1. I am on the iphone 8 and he is on the iphone 6. Please advise.

Posted on Aug 31, 2018 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2018 5:40 PM

Go to Settings > (Your Name) > Family Sharing. Here you will see the list of all your family members. Click on his name, and you should see the Ask to Buy option. If the option does not appear, is his Apple ID age set to 10? If he created his Apple ID as an adult, the Ask to Buy option will not appear.

Here is a helpful article on how to update the age under 13: Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support.

Let me know if it works, so we can continue troubleshooting. Have a great day 🙂

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2018 5:40 PM in response to losdogdagreat

Go to Settings > (Your Name) > Family Sharing. Here you will see the list of all your family members. Click on his name, and you should see the Ask to Buy option. If the option does not appear, is his Apple ID age set to 10? If he created his Apple ID as an adult, the Ask to Buy option will not appear.

Here is a helpful article on how to update the age under 13: Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support.

Let me know if it works, so we can continue troubleshooting. Have a great day 🙂

Family Sharing - Ask to Buy is not an option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.