Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Classic 0000000F and 0000000D error

Just obtained an old Mac Classic 1990/1991.

The screen seems okay; it boots to a blank white screen. However, when I press the reset/interrupt, it gives the error code:

0000000F

0000000D

User uploaded file

I looked inside and the battery and socket were fried. I cleaned it up, but the + connector on the batter socket was snapped. I used tin foil to try and seat the batter correctly. On the underside of the motherboard, directly under the batter, some of the solder dots seem to have flattened. I've had some strange results since.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

1. When I first cleaned it up, including the old battery, it eventually booted into the curved edge screen, with a mouse pointer. However, it soon crashed back, but with a different error message

0000000F

0000000D

2. I tried to wire it up to a wall charger and sent in voltage of 3 or 4 to it. What happened was the blank screen, but a couple of pip noises every 10 seconds or so.

3. I now have a new battery. I put it in using the tin foil method, but apart from the couple of pip noises, it has reverted to as before.

I've done the usual: removing memory, starting with or without hard drive or floppy connected. My next stage today is to wash the motherboard.

null-OTHER, Mac OS 8.6 or Earlier, Mac Classic

Posted on Sep 1, 2018 4:10 AM

2 replies

Sep 8, 2018 11:59 AM in response to davindersangha

Hi!

Sad Mac code "0000000F 0000000D" means that hardware tests of your Macintosh are all passed. Actually, it indicates nothing is wrong with your hardware, but the boot progress is interrupted.

User uploaded file

Also, this error can be generated manually by pressing the interrupt button in boot progress, so please avoid pressing the interrupt button. The image shows the same error on my PowerBook, and I generated the error manually by interrupting the boot progress simply.

Please check your boot device. Is your hard drive valid and accessible? Is there a system software installed properly? Is your system folder damaged? You can try to boot your Macintosh from a floppy disk, run disk first aid to make sure your disk is valid, or reinstall the system software.

Mac Classic 0000000F and 0000000D error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.