Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Apple ID password in new user account .

I had a Mac the version is High Sierra 10.13.6 , the first user account was corrupted , I planned to create a new user account , suddenly some thing strike in my mind can we change the password for Apple ID from this location ie . in the process of creating new user account .

Any suggestions will help , please post if any one has ever tried .

macOS High Sierra (10.13.5)

Posted on Sep 2, 2018 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2018 10:03 AM

Change password in new user account when it is in the beginning process of setting up .

Open system preferences in Mac , click on iCloud open the pad lock by entering its admin password , click on plus sign and create a new admin account with its password .

Quit system preferences , take cursor on apple logo and sign out from the first user account .

On the upcoming desktop screen enter the new admin name and password .

You will see an empty field to sign with Apple ID , don’t fill up the Apple ID address , I followed this step in the article : How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Then log out of your account and log in with the new account:

1. Choose Apple menu > Log out.
  2. At the login window, log in with the name and password of the new account. If you're also asked to sign in with an iCloud account or Apple ID, skip that step.

Below it two options will be shown .( a ) create new Apple ID ( b ) forgot Apple ID or password , click on forgot Apple ID or password .

A circle rotates it will show , please enter your Apple ID to continue your Apple ID is the email address or phone number you use to sign in to iCloud , the App Store or iTunes so fill up the Apple ID address in the field and click on continue , a circle rotates .

Select how you want to reset the password .

( a ) reset by email .

An email with reset instructions will be sent to your rescue email address , click on continue .

Password reset email sent , an email has sent to your rescue mail address ……follow the directions in the email to reset your password , click on ok , open rescue mail account , and enter its mail address and password , click on the link reset password , two fields will appear enter new password and verify , so fill up the credentials and click on reset password .

If you had clicked on answer security questions .

Answer security questions and change your password now , click on continue .

It will show verify your date of birth to continue .

Date of birth : Day , Month , Year , click n drop down arrows and fill up the credentials and click on continue , circle rotates .

Answer your security questions , fill up the answers and click on continue , circle rotates .

Enter new password ….

Verify password ….

Your password must be at least 8 characters long , include a number , an uppercase letter and a lower case letter , fill up the credentials and click on continue the password is changed .

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2018 10:03 AM in response to tygb

Change password in new user account when it is in the beginning process of setting up .

Open system preferences in Mac , click on iCloud open the pad lock by entering its admin password , click on plus sign and create a new admin account with its password .

Quit system preferences , take cursor on apple logo and sign out from the first user account .

You will see an empty field to sign with Apple ID , don’t fill up the Apple ID address , I followed this step in the article : How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Then log out of your account and log in with the new account:

1. Choose Apple menu > Log out.
  2. At the login window, log in with the name and password of the new account. If you're also asked to sign in with an iCloud account or Apple ID, skip that step.

Below it two options will be shown .( a ) create new Apple ID ( b ) forgot Apple ID or password , click on forgot Apple ID or password .

A circle rotates it will show , please enter your Apple ID to continue your Apple ID is the email address or phone number you use to sign in to iCloud , the App Store or iTunes so fill up the Apple ID address in the field and click on continue , a circle rotates .

Select how you want to reset the password .

( a ) reset by email .

An email with reset instructions will be sent to your rescue email address , click on continue .

Password reset email sent , an email has sent to your rescue mail address ……follow the directions in the email to reset your password , click on ok , open rescue mail account , and enter its mail address and password , click on the link reset password , two fields will appear enter new password and verify , so fill up the credentials and click on reset password .

If you had clicked on answer security questions .

Answer security questions and change your password now , click on continue .

It will show verify your date of birth to continue .

Date of birth : Day , Month , Year , click n drop down arrows and fill up the credentials and click on continue , circle rotates .

Answer your security questions , fill up the answers and click on continue , circle rotates .

Enter new password ….

Verify password ….

Your password must be at least 8 characters long , include a number , an uppercase letter and a lower case letter , fill up the credentials and click on continue the password is changed .

Sep 2, 2018 8:23 AM in response to Eric Root

This is an article to create a separate test new user account How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

I started the process in the first step it will prompt to enter Apple ID , I will not go further and will not create the whole account , right now from initial step I would like to change my password for Apple ID.

Note : the Apple ID will be same for both old account and this new account even the admin password forboth account are different ( of course they are always different ) .

Sep 2, 2018 7:40 AM in response to Eric Root

You wrote - You can change your Apple ID password in a new user account.

I am having a first user account " a " , I will open users and groups > click on the lock by entering admin name and password > click on plus sign and create a new admin account " b " and will create a password for it .

Quit the system preferences the opened lock would be closed automatically .

Now go to apple logo > click on log out " a " , the screen appears enter account name as " b " enter the password for account " b " , when the new user account is setting up I would like change the Apple ID password from here and need the method , please .

Sep 2, 2018 8:46 AM in response to Eric Root

You will see an empty field to sign with Apple ID , the Apple ID address is shown , below it two options will be shown .( a ) create new Apple ID ( b ) forgot Apple ID or password.

My Apple ID address is same as my web mail account address , when I open system preferences > click on iCloud the Apple ID is signed at this location .

Also in users and groups , automatic login is off only name and password field is checked , rest all are unchecked , so when I enter the first user account or try to enter into another test user account - on the desktop screen always name and password field will be shown .

Change Apple ID password in new user account .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.