Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch s3 step count is way too high!?

My Apple Watch is counting steps when I’m not walking. I washed up for 5 minutes and it went up by 300.... I sat down for 10 minutes and it went up. It’s very inaccurate and one of the main reasons I purchased it was for the activity on it. Please can someone advise if this is a common problem. Thanks.

Posted on Sep 3, 2018 1:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2018 1:49 AM

It is likely your arm movements are getting interpreted as walking action. Please see the links below for some information and suggestions which might help.

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

2 replies

Sep 3, 2018 1:30 AM in response to Lousmart89

Hi there,

This could be down to your settings.

Let's check the following:

• On your iPhone, go to the Watch app and select 'My Watch' -> 'General' and 'Watch Orientation' - make sure that is set to the correct wrist.
  • Go to 'My Watch' -> 'Health' and make sure all of your details are correct in there - this is very important.

Let me know if this helps!

My Apple Watch s3 step count is way too high!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.