Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small, bright, white spot on MacBook Pro Screen

I bought a 13 inch MacBook Pro a few months ago and today I noticed a small white spot appear on my screen. It looks like a small smudge that will not go away. Here's a picture - User uploaded file

it's a bit hard to see in pictures, but it's the small white mark above the siri icon. I know it's a fairly small complaint, but the device is in perfect condition and has not been mistreated. I was wondering if there's anything I can do besides going into the Apple Store and if this is covered by the basic 1 year warranty.

Thanks for your help

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Sep 3, 2018 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2018 9:40 AM

Hello leos64,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're seeing discoloration on your MacBook Pro screen. I know how important it is that your device is in optimum condition and can help point you towards a resolution.

To help isolate possible causes, I would like to have you check if there's any change after cleaning the screen of your MacBook Pro. The following support article provides some suggestions on how to clean your display: macOS Sierra: Clean your computer screen

Another step would be to check if the discoloration persists when you restart the MacBook Pro in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

If there's no change after trying those steps, consider bringing your MacBook Pro to Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider ( Apple - Find Locations ) for an evaluation. Once inspected, they'll be able to better provide information as to the warranty coverage and repair options available. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail Store, make a Genius Bar reservation here: Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2018 9:40 AM in response to leos64

Hello leos64,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're seeing discoloration on your MacBook Pro screen. I know how important it is that your device is in optimum condition and can help point you towards a resolution.

To help isolate possible causes, I would like to have you check if there's any change after cleaning the screen of your MacBook Pro. The following support article provides some suggestions on how to clean your display: macOS Sierra: Clean your computer screen

Another step would be to check if the discoloration persists when you restart the MacBook Pro in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

If there's no change after trying those steps, consider bringing your MacBook Pro to Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider ( Apple - Find Locations ) for an evaluation. Once inspected, they'll be able to better provide information as to the warranty coverage and repair options available. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail Store, make a Genius Bar reservation here: Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Take care!

Small, bright, white spot on MacBook Pro Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.