Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 (Air) extremely slow after ios 11.4.1 update

Updated my iPad to 11.4.1 and it is virtually unusable, so slow. Any ideas if next ios will fix bugs?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2018 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2018 6:47 AM

My iPad Air 2 is pretty snappy with the latest version of iOS. You might do a backup, then try erasing everything and starting over. Maybe something got corrupted and a fresh start might help. If you restore your iPad, instead of starting from scratch ... and it’s still running slow ... then you might erase it again and see how it runs with starting from scratch and using the normal Apple apps. If it runs good then ... start adding your apps back on, one by one and see how it goes. Your iPad Air 2 should run really good on the latest iOS.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2018 6:47 AM in response to ad1cfm

My iPad Air 2 is pretty snappy with the latest version of iOS. You might do a backup, then try erasing everything and starting over. Maybe something got corrupted and a fresh start might help. If you restore your iPad, instead of starting from scratch ... and it’s still running slow ... then you might erase it again and see how it runs with starting from scratch and using the normal Apple apps. If it runs good then ... start adding your apps back on, one by one and see how it goes. Your iPad Air 2 should run really good on the latest iOS.

Sep 4, 2018 7:51 AM in response to ad1cfm

Tap on the link below to my iDevice/iOS performance/optimisation user tips link.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-10344

Try all of these tips and leave each tip active together. Do not simply try every tip individually, expecting just one tip to be a performance “cure all”.

Many of these tips are designed to work together to improve overall iOS/iDevice performance.

Good Luck!

iPad 2 (Air) extremely slow after ios 11.4.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.