Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot connect to WiFi networks that have automatic login pages.

I am using an iPhone X 256 GB and an iPad Pro 256GB both running 11.4.1 and all apps unto date 2 days before, both devices cannot connect to most commercial WiFi networks (e.g. most hotel or airport networks) that have a login page that automatically comes up when choosing the network. At home my WAP2 security WiFi works perfect with these devices. My MacBookPro (early 2015, 2.9 GHz i5, 1 TB SSD) running 10.13.6 can connect to these same commercial WiFi networks no problems by clicking on the wifi icon, choosing network, login window pops up, enter details and I'm connected - YeeHa!

My wife is using a iPhone X and a iPad and both devices work 100%. On her devices, we turn on WiFi > select WiFi network and a login page pops up. On my devices I never get a login page come up. If I go to Safari no login page comes up. I have the WiFi connection icon on, which indicates I am connected, but no internet based application works e.g. safari, email, facebook, speedtest etc

I have been to the Apple Store, they thought it was because I had block pop ups setting on, (turned it off, but still couldn't connect) but when I checked my wife's iPhone, it had the "block pop up's" setting on and she could connect anyway. I then "reset network settings", that didn't work, then I "rest phone setting", still could not connect.

I sync my safari and nearly everything except photos and desktop and documents with iCloud, so I wonder if something in my synced settings is the cause since only my devices are effected?

This problem has been happening for months and months. Please help, Thank You

iPhone X, iOS 11.4.1, Also happens on my iPad Pro

Posted on Sep 3, 2018 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

5 replies

I cannot connect to WiFi networks that have automatic login pages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.