You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of “maybe”

how do I get rid of “maybe” ‘Jane doe’ in messages

Posted on Sep 4, 2018 3:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2018 9:53 AM

Hello sinloc1,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you would like to get rid of the contact suggestions. To disable this feature, tap Settings > Siri & Search > Contacts. Then slide the switches for Search & Siri Suggestions along with Find Contacts in Other Apps to the off position. The iPhone User Guide has some additional information which you may find useful:

Siri and apps - iPhone User Guide

Turn off Search & Siri suggestions. Go to Settings > Siri & Search, then turn off Search & Siri suggestions for specific apps.

Best Regards.
2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 5, 2018 9:53 AM in response to sinloc1

Hello sinloc1,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you would like to get rid of the contact suggestions. To disable this feature, tap Settings > Siri & Search > Contacts. Then slide the switches for Search & Siri Suggestions along with Find Contacts in Other Apps to the off position. The iPhone User Guide has some additional information which you may find useful:

Siri and apps - iPhone User Guide

Turn off Search & Siri suggestions. Go to Settings > Siri & Search, then turn off Search & Siri suggestions for specific apps.

Best Regards.

How do I get rid of “maybe”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.