Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call failed on outgoing calls

on iPhone 8 it is not possible to make outgoing calls, although incoming calls and cellular network are working properly. Tried everything from rebooting, turning on and off airplane mode, resetting network settings

When I set up as a new iPhone the issue did not occur so it seems to be software related. Apple support says I have to set up my phone fromscratch but I do not want to lose my messages, apps and everything else like apps and so on...

Any tips what else to do?

Posted on Sep 7, 2018 4:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2018 4:49 AM

If you don't want to reset your phone completely and start it as new, I would recommend to check if your iPhone is updated to the latest iOS version what is 11.4.1. Then you can try to change your SIM-card.

If this doesn't resolve your issues, the reset is needed.

Don't worry about your apps, they are linked to your Apple ID, so you could just download them from "Purchased" section without searching the whole App Store for the.

In order to save photos, you can enable iCloud Photo Library in Photos settings, wait until your gallery uploads to the cloud, and then you will have access to it, signing into your Apple ID.

Messages also could be kept in your iCloud. Go to Settings > Your Name > iCloud and turn the toggle on for Messages. Also wait until the upload completed.

Contacts, mail, everything could be stored in the iCloud and then you could access it by signing into your Apple ID.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2018 4:49 AM in response to tillman1979

If you don't want to reset your phone completely and start it as new, I would recommend to check if your iPhone is updated to the latest iOS version what is 11.4.1. Then you can try to change your SIM-card.

If this doesn't resolve your issues, the reset is needed.

Don't worry about your apps, they are linked to your Apple ID, so you could just download them from "Purchased" section without searching the whole App Store for the.

In order to save photos, you can enable iCloud Photo Library in Photos settings, wait until your gallery uploads to the cloud, and then you will have access to it, signing into your Apple ID.

Messages also could be kept in your iCloud. Go to Settings > Your Name > iCloud and turn the toggle on for Messages. Also wait until the upload completed.

Contacts, mail, everything could be stored in the iCloud and then you could access it by signing into your Apple ID.

Call failed on outgoing calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.