Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get my classic iPod to sync with iTunes

Please help. I can't get my classic iPod to sync with iTunes. I have the latest version of Windows installed.

iPod

Posted on Sep 7, 2018 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2018 8:51 AM

See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB - Apple Support.

Select the device, select the music tab within, chose what syncs, acknowledge the erase and sync warning, and let it sync your new list to it replacing what was already there.

tt2

7 replies

Sep 8, 2018 6:17 AM in response to Catgirl0723

Start with Recover media from an iPod.

When iTunes syncs that process generally means copy from the computer to the device, and remove anything on the device that isn't in your library. A restore on its own wipes the content from the device. From the sound of things you don't want to do either until you have retrieved the content that is on the device and not stored anywhere else. If you only have content purchased from the iTunes Store which you have redownloaded then there might still be ratings, play counts, or playlists that you can reclaim. You shouldn't sync or restore your device until you've taken that opportunity.

tt2

Sep 8, 2018 6:06 AM in response to turingtest2

Before I try that, just let me clarify. I have created a new playlist in iTunes because my old computer crashed and iTunes wouldn't let me download my music from my ipod to iTunes. I still have the original music on my ipod, but iTunes won't let me sync the new playlist I had to create. Should I still follow your instructions and do a restore?

I can't get my classic iPod to sync with iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.