Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send email for 5 days from MacBookPro

I've been sending email through MacMail with my current settings for years. Suddenly, a few days ago my email is not sending. At first, I got a message that my server was invalid (I haven't made any changes.) Now I'm not even getting that message. Still, none of my email is going out. At the bottom of my email screen where it shows "connecting, downloading, etc.) I'm getting the message "Sending Message." But it never changes, like it's hung up on that step.

I'm receiving email, but don't know if it's all of my email or not.

Using mid-2012 MacBook Pro, OSX 10.11.6, Safari 11.1.2

Can anyone suggest what could have happened or how to fix this. I'm not ready to upgrade to Sierra, yet

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), mid2012 MacBook Pro, Safari 11.1.2

Posted on Sep 8, 2018 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2018 7:31 PM

mickibmac wrote:

Well, from Connector Doctor I was able to get the error message again. My ISP tech said to accept that certificate and check "Always Accept."

That worked. So, thank you. If I hadn't gone to Connection Doctor, I wouldn't have gotten it fixed.

Good computing mickibmac ! Glad this solved your problem.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2018 7:31 PM in response to mickibmac

mickibmac wrote:

Well, from Connector Doctor I was able to get the error message again. My ISP tech said to accept that certificate and check "Always Accept."

That worked. So, thank you. If I hadn't gone to Connection Doctor, I wouldn't have gotten it fixed.

Good computing mickibmac ! Glad this solved your problem.

Sep 8, 2018 7:31 PM in response to mickibmac

Mail>Preferences>Accounts> highlight the account in question>Server settings>SMTP

Take note of the server settings. You can ask support ( or google for the info) of your email provider for SMTP port settings and configuration, and see if something has changed on there end or yours.

If all appears to be correct, to jump start the connection you can delete the account and set it back up again.

Can't send email for 5 days from MacBookPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.