Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Authorized support company damaged my Iphone and refused to sell me a battery for my iphone.

My Iphone 5C battery was going down much faster than normal. I was able to charge it and the phone worked well. I even got it checked internally to make sure there was not another cause for the quick discharge of the phone. It checked out okay and I was told it was only the battery.

So I took the phone to an Apple Care Authorized support center in the Rycom Mall. They told me since the phone was out of warranty I had to take it to an authorized support company for Apple in Chatan on 58th Street. At this company I told them I would like to have the battery replaced. And that I had already had the phone checked for any other problem that might be wrong with the phone internally and everything was working well. The guy looked at the phone for a few seconds and told me he would like to check it first before replacing the battery. I said okay.

He went in the back office of the company and I waited for about 45 mins to an hour. Then he comes out with any interpreter and she told me that the phone would not take a charge they would give me a replacement phone. I told them that I had the phone checked already and I have been charging the phone with no problems and charged it last night. The guy and girl put on a questionable face and said we can replace it for you. And said it would be a new phone and it would be expensive.

I asked them can you please just sell me a battery. They refused. I said can I have the phone back and they gave it to me. I am in Okinawa Japan just in case anyone out there needs service on your devices please go to the Apple Care Authorized support center in the Rycom Mall. The company on 58th street is just trying to make money off of the customers.

I am writing to the community to see how I can report this to Apple? This is bad business practice that hurts not only that company but Apple as well.

Also, I would like to send the Iphone off this island to see it someone can check it just to prove my point. I have just purchased a new Iphone 8 plus. I just want the Iphone 5C up and running again because it has held up for me all these years. 🙂

Posted on Sep 9, 2018 2:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2018 6:09 AM

Rudegar, thanks I hope this stops here. No one else should have to go thought this type of customer service. Have a great day.

Similar questions

2 replies

Authorized support company damaged my Iphone and refused to sell me a battery for my iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.