Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After wiping drive can't reinstall High Sierra (says corrupt installer)

I recently wiped a drive with High Sierra and accidentally factory reset it back to Mountain Lion. I gave the computer to someone else and now they can't update it to High Sierra. When they download it from the website it becomes corrupt and when they go to the app store it doesn't give the option to update it that way. I almost never have a problem installing MacOS in the past (Leopard was the last problem update I remember.) Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), Mountain Lion, trying to upgrade-HS

Posted on Sep 9, 2018 10:12 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 9, 2018 12:43 PM in response to leroydouglas

When I did the clean install I am pretty sure it got rid of all account info on the machine? So I didn't think I could log out if there was no longer any account info. All she got when I gave her the computer was a set up screen asking her to create a new account since at that time there were no accounts. All the info was transferred to a new iMac before wiping the Mini.

After wiping drive can't reinstall High Sierra (says corrupt installer)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.