Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t access two-step authentication

I had an iPhone 6 and I dropped it in water, whenever I got a new one I tried signing into my iCloud but it turns out I had Two step authentication on it with a phone number that I’ve never even had, I have a debit card on there and I’m being charged monthly for Apple Music and I can’t even make another Apple Music account because the card is already on the other account, I’ve tried calls by the bank but they said that the only way to cancel the subscription is through my account, which I don’t have access to, so is there any way I can atleast remove the card from the plan without getting into the account

iPhone 6, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Sep 9, 2018 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2018 5:32 PM

Hi ​Brandonmontoya_,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you have an Apple Music subscription you'd like to cancel, but you're unable to access your Apple ID account due to not being able to access your trusted phone number. I can see why you'd reach out for assistance with this; I'm happy to point you in the right direction. First, if you haven't already, I'd suggest that you review the steps in the resources below to recover your account without access to your trusted device; there are two different levels of security you could be describing, so I've included steps for both two-factor authentication and two-step verification.

For two-factor authentication:

If I can't sign in, how do I regain access to my account?

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery is an automatic process designed to get you back in to your account as quickly as possible while denying access to anyone who might be pretending to be you. It might take a few days—or longer—depending on what specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

For two-step verification:

If you lost the trusted device or phone number associated with your Apple ID

As long as you still have your Recovery Key and remember your Apple ID password, you can sign in and add a new trusted device or phone number to your account. You can also remove any devices you may have lost, sold, or given away.

1. Go to your Apple ID account page and enter your Apple ID and password.
  2. On the Verify Your Identity screen, select "Can’t access your trusted devices?"
  3. In the pop-up window, enter your Recovery Key.
  4. Go to the Security section and click Edit.

Remove the device you no longer wish to use to verify your identity. If you have additional devices with Find My iPhone enabled, you can verify them as trusted devices. You can also add additional trusted phone numbers.

If you can't sign in with two-step verification using your Apple ID

If neither of those options work for you, I'd suggest getting in touch with Apple Support for further assistance with canceling your subscription and removing your debit card from your account: Contact Apple Support

Best Regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2018 5:32 PM in response to Brandonmontoya_

Hi ​Brandonmontoya_,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you have an Apple Music subscription you'd like to cancel, but you're unable to access your Apple ID account due to not being able to access your trusted phone number. I can see why you'd reach out for assistance with this; I'm happy to point you in the right direction. First, if you haven't already, I'd suggest that you review the steps in the resources below to recover your account without access to your trusted device; there are two different levels of security you could be describing, so I've included steps for both two-factor authentication and two-step verification.

For two-factor authentication:

If I can't sign in, how do I regain access to my account?

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery is an automatic process designed to get you back in to your account as quickly as possible while denying access to anyone who might be pretending to be you. It might take a few days—or longer—depending on what specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

For two-step verification:

If you lost the trusted device or phone number associated with your Apple ID

As long as you still have your Recovery Key and remember your Apple ID password, you can sign in and add a new trusted device or phone number to your account. You can also remove any devices you may have lost, sold, or given away.

1. Go to your Apple ID account page and enter your Apple ID and password.
  2. On the Verify Your Identity screen, select "Can’t access your trusted devices?"
  3. In the pop-up window, enter your Recovery Key.
  4. Go to the Security section and click Edit.

Remove the device you no longer wish to use to verify your identity. If you have additional devices with Find My iPhone enabled, you can verify them as trusted devices. You can also add additional trusted phone numbers.

If you can't sign in with two-step verification using your Apple ID

If neither of those options work for you, I'd suggest getting in touch with Apple Support for further assistance with canceling your subscription and removing your debit card from your account: Contact Apple Support

Best Regards.

Can’t access two-step authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.