Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incorrect server monitor password

hello!

my xserve is rocking OS X 10.5.8 server however, when ever I try to connect to server monitor it gives me incorrect username or password.

I tried to configure and restore the LOM and it still does not work what's worse is that the system identifier light is on and can't findUser uploaded file the issue :\User uploaded file

does anyone have advice to fix this, I tired looking online and cannot find anyhting

thanks in advanced

-James ***

[Personal Information Edited by Host]

Xserve, OS X Server, null

Posted on Sep 11, 2018 6:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2018 10:42 AM

Can you confirm the system is running Mac OS X Server 10.5.8 and not Mac OS X 10.5.8?

With Mac OS X Server 10.6 and earlier, the server distribution was an entire and separate DVD distribution from that of Mac OS X. The server DVD distributions were either the purchased distributions (usually either black DVDs, or a white DVD with a colored image in the case of Mac OS X Server 10.6, costing US$500 for limited users or US$1000 for unlimited users) or the recovery and support and upgrade DVDs for specific models of systems (usually grey DVDs).

If it's Mac OS X Server 10.5.8 and is tossing bundle-related errors, wipe and reinstall and try again.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2018 10:42 AM in response to iPhone apps have a good look

Can you confirm the system is running Mac OS X Server 10.5.8 and not Mac OS X 10.5.8?

With Mac OS X Server 10.6 and earlier, the server distribution was an entire and separate DVD distribution from that of Mac OS X. The server DVD distributions were either the purchased distributions (usually either black DVDs, or a white DVD with a colored image in the case of Mac OS X Server 10.6, costing US$500 for limited users or US$1000 for unlimited users) or the recovery and support and upgrade DVDs for specific models of systems (usually grey DVDs).

If it's Mac OS X Server 10.5.8 and is tossing bundle-related errors, wipe and reinstall and try again.

Sep 13, 2018 8:45 PM in response to iPhone apps have a good look

If setting the unique IP address and user and passwords are established via Server Monitor running directly on the local Xserve system or maybe via ipmi and that doesn't address this access, then there's probably a hardware or networking problem.

Don't bond/team/gang the Xserve NICs together. That doesn't work when the LOM is required.

Also check that the firmware is current for whichever Xserve box is in use here.

Versions prior to macOS 10.9 are going to be having increasing problems with certificate and connection errors, too; the support for connections prior to TLS1.2 found in 10.9 and later is being deprecated around the 'net.

Incorrect server monitor password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.