Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save photos to iPhone instead of iCloud

I currently have my photos synced between my phone and computer through iCloud, but I am now out of storage on iCloud (only 5 gigs for free). But I still have 200+ gigs available on my phone. How can I save past and future photos to my phone memory instead of iCloud? I'd like to free up the space in iCloud, but not loose easy access to these photos from my phone. I'm not concerned with photos not being backed up in iCloud in the future as I use Google Photos to back up. I'd be ok with saving all future photos only to my phone.

Posted on Sep 12, 2018 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2018 2:33 PM

Also note that when photos are synced to iCloud via iCloud Photo Library, they are not also included in iCloud Backup. After you turn off iCloud Photo Library on the phone, they would then be included in future backups. If you don't want that, you can turn that off via Settings > [username] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups > [device name] > Photos.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2018 2:33 PM in response to angee_p

Also note that when photos are synced to iCloud via iCloud Photo Library, they are not also included in iCloud Backup. After you turn off iCloud Photo Library on the phone, they would then be included in future backups. If you don't want that, you can turn that off via Settings > [username] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups > [device name] > Photos.

Save photos to iPhone instead of iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.