Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epson WF-3720 two-sided printing greyed out/grayed out

Two-sided printing option is greyed-out on my new brand new Epson WF-3720 printer when using my MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra v.10.13.6. I have deleted and re-installed the printer driver several times, using the latest online downloaded driver. I have updated the firmware. I am using a network connection in a home setting with no other networks or Macs connected to the printer. The two-sided option works fine when using an iPad. Grateful for any advice, or even just sympathy.

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Sep 13, 2018 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 7:29 AM

Thanks. I contacted Epson, as you suggested and their response solved the problem. In case it helps anyone else, Epson said:

Can you please follow the steps below.

1. Click the Apple icon and then click on ‘System Preferences’. Click on either ‘Print and Fax’, 'Print and Scan' or 'Printers and Scanners'.
  2. I would advise you to remove the printer from the printers list and then re-add it. To remove the printer, in the printers list, highlight the printer in the printer list and click the [ - ] delete button. Ensure the printer is turned on and click the [+] and choose 'Add Printer or Scanner'. If the printer is detected, it will be listed in the Add screen. It will state 'Bonjour' for Wi-Fi or 'USB' for USB connection under 'Kind’. Please also ensure the 'Use' option lists the printer name and not Airprint.
  3. Make sure it does no say Airprint next to the word KIND, below options and supplies when the WF-3720 is selected. If it does, then make sure you download and install this: http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02/DriverDownloadInfo.do?LG2=EN&CN2=&DSCMI= 56427&DSCCHK=dc633cf7207148c4dfb70dd3985ff1b680f9c090
  4. Then follow Step 2 again.
  5. Then follow the steps in this guide: http://kb.epson.eu/article.aspx?article=4605&p=7

If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the Epson Customer Inter@ction Centre and we will endeavour to resolve any further queries you may have.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2018 7:29 AM in response to Barney-15E

Thanks. I contacted Epson, as you suggested and their response solved the problem. In case it helps anyone else, Epson said:

Can you please follow the steps below.

1. Click the Apple icon and then click on ‘System Preferences’. Click on either ‘Print and Fax’, 'Print and Scan' or 'Printers and Scanners'.
  2. I would advise you to remove the printer from the printers list and then re-add it. To remove the printer, in the printers list, highlight the printer in the printer list and click the [ - ] delete button. Ensure the printer is turned on and click the [+] and choose 'Add Printer or Scanner'. If the printer is detected, it will be listed in the Add screen. It will state 'Bonjour' for Wi-Fi or 'USB' for USB connection under 'Kind’. Please also ensure the 'Use' option lists the printer name and not Airprint.
  3. Make sure it does no say Airprint next to the word KIND, below options and supplies when the WF-3720 is selected. If it does, then make sure you download and install this: http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02/DriverDownloadInfo.do?LG2=EN&CN2=&DSCMI= 56427&DSCCHK=dc633cf7207148c4dfb70dd3985ff1b680f9c090
  4. Then follow Step 2 again.
  5. Then follow the steps in this guide: http://kb.epson.eu/article.aspx?article=4605&p=7

If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the Epson Customer Inter@ction Centre and we will endeavour to resolve any further queries you may have.

Epson WF-3720 two-sided printing greyed out/grayed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.