Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini Server 2010 Ram issue

Hi,

Im having issues to upgrade my RAM, and reading this post Re: mac mini mid 2010 update fail I found out that other Mac Mini users get similar issues. @Macjack suggested to use Etrecheck to find out if I have any issues, but my lack of knowledge doesn't help, as Im not sure how to fix this issue.

Mac mini (Mid 2010)Mac mini Model: Macmini4,12.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (Duo) CPU: 2-core
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)

I´ve upgradeed the Ram to have 16BG (2x8GB sticks) and for some reason the top slot doesnt like the second stick.

When I install them the mac keep restarting by itself. I´ve tried with a lower ram stick 4 and works, (so 12GB in total) but the machine restarts after 5 minutes.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Eduardo

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Sep 13, 2018 11:36 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 14, 2018 5:38 AM in response to eduhecam

Your Mac should support 16 GB RAM. It could be that the RAM is not properly seated in the slots or that the RAM is not the correct specs. (1066 MHz PC3-8500 DDR3 So-DIMMS) Or it may be bad RAM.

Also, Macs are fussy about RAM. Both Crucial and OWC are reliable vendors with high quality RAM. You might try returning the RAM and purchasing from one of these vendors.

Mac Mini Server 2010 Ram issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.