Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monitor For 2012 Mini

Just bought an LG monitor that need 1920×1200 resolution. My Mac Mini only goes as high as 1280×800. Only two resolutions to choose from and the other one is even lower. Needless to say my new monitor doesn't look good. I'm using a DVI connection into my thunderbolt port. If I bought an HDMI cable (monitor didn't come with one) would the monitor then be capable to show at a lower resolution and look good?

I had a Samsung 24 inch that I used the HDMI to HDMI port. Video looked excellent but the text was a blurry and jagged so I sent it back and got this one. Now I have even bigger problems with the LG. So instead of rushing to send the LG back I'm trying to see if it's salvageable. Thanks.

Mac mini, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), 2012 Mini, Duel Core

Posted on Sep 14, 2018 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2018 5:34 PM

Hooked up the LG using the HDMI cable and it works good. Still not completely happy with the way the text looks but video is sharp and is1080p. Thanks

Similar questions

1 reply

Monitor For 2012 Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.