Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When will High Sierra support end?

For the first time since "Late 2009" my iMac 27" 2.8G has been boxed out of an OS update. It boots in 28 seconds with the SSD I've installed (only repair) but original graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB) it isn't snappy enough for Apple code it in to Mojave. High Sierra and any further security updates have a predictable end of support which would be when the second macOS update beyond Mojave rolls out.

Based on past Apple trends when will be the earliest Apple Users could expect to loose High Sierra support?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), 27" (Late 2009) 2.8G i7

Posted on Sep 15, 2018 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2018 9:17 AM

High Sierra and any further security updates have a predictable end of support which would be when the second macOS update beyond Mojave rolls out

It's not Updates, but Upgrades. They push out one a year, and Apple has been supporting the two previous OS major versions (Upgrades). However, nobody can guess what they will do in the future.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2018 9:17 AM in response to Clark'e

High Sierra and any further security updates have a predictable end of support which would be when the second macOS update beyond Mojave rolls out

It's not Updates, but Upgrades. They push out one a year, and Apple has been supporting the two previous OS major versions (Upgrades). However, nobody can guess what they will do in the future.

When will High Sierra support end?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.