Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have hi Sierra older Mac. Will it eventiaucrash since Apple does not support after 2020?

Will my older Mac crash as Apple does not support hi Sierra after 2020?

can’t really afford new computer retired now.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 9:36 AM

Not to worry. High Sierra is still a fine operating system which is well proven over time. All it means when it is no longer supported is that you will no longer receive security updates. And none may be necessary. The problem you will eventually face is that as other vendors upgrade their software, the newer versions will eventually become incompatible with High Sierra.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2021 9:36 AM in response to bomparms

Not to worry. High Sierra is still a fine operating system which is well proven over time. All it means when it is no longer supported is that you will no longer receive security updates. And none may be necessary. The problem you will eventually face is that as other vendors upgrade their software, the newer versions will eventually become incompatible with High Sierra.

Apr 10, 2021 1:24 PM in response to bomparms

You iMac running High Sierra will continue to run with the Apple unsupported High Sierra until your storage device is full, or fails. My 2011 Mac mini cannot upgrade past High Sierra, and it just continues to work.

Set a little money aside each month for your next Mac. Don't take food off the table or compromise other important expenses, but be methodical in this approach.

I have hi Sierra older Mac. Will it eventiaucrash since Apple does not support after 2020?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.